Saturday, July 13, 2013

pulp fiction

I recently found out that pulp fiction was named so because it is made from crappy leftover wood pulp which made the novels cheap so they spread to a wider audience (consisting of high class dames to lower class laundry maidens like myself)

I picked up these two pulp novels (at the last independently owned bookstore in town) and devoured them in a day,the smell,the language,it was like stepping into a time machine a very sexist,racist time machine.I don't find it offensive its quite laughable actually it almost makes you feel like a archeologist discovering an old creepy male chauvinistic/ homophobic world.The fact that publishers back in the day wouldn't allow gay couples happy endings is so fucked up and tragic.These two novels above portrayed very strong female main characters that were willing to do anything to survive but they were both fucked over in the end by love.oops.oh they are so twisted,but I love them so!and the smell,oh how I love the smell of pulpy pages in the afternoon!

No comments: