Sunday, September 2, 2012

How to recover a chair so easy even I can do it

1. first select groovy fabric to use , I chose this gorgy day of the dead fabric
 2.get out your tools you'll need a  staple gun and a screwdriver
 3.identify the screws responsible for holding the cushion on they'll be in the corners.when I pulled my cushion off this chair a huge spider ran out and scared the poo out of me, I killed it dead!
 4.place the fabric face down with your cushion positioned over the most desirable part of the pattern
 5.start by jumping in and stapling one side don't be afraid on using a lot of staples the mo' the beta'
 6.now pull your fabric tight and staple the opposite side
 7.time to tuck in the corners , do as many little folds to get a nice tidy corner
 8.now you should be all stapled up so its time to trim off the excess fabric
 9.screw 'er back together!
 10.sit your ass down your all done

 this fabric just speaks to me its so dark and hauntingly festive
 I also recovered this other chair with cute little day of the dead skull fabric , so the chairs kind of match
 I also recovered the footstool with flowery oilcloth it was boring black before , and taped off some lines around it with some painters tape and spray painted it blue to brighten it up a bit.Living room recycled furniture makeover , and the best part was I just used things that were lying around the house . Makeover for free , hell yes!

No comments: