Saturday, June 28, 2008

Angela Carter

Angela Carter is one of my favorite british authors , she died of cancer in 1992 and was said to be good friends with other one of my favorite writers Salman Rushdie who wrote The Satanic Verses . Her books are well thought out fantastical tales of deceit , love and sometimes savages in victorian post apocalyptic nightmares.If you love to daydream you will love Angela Carter , here are my favorites.....good luck finding her in the bookstore,its been a treasure hunt over the years I have discovered her in book shops from Oahu to Seattle and San Francisco and San Luis Obispo.The hunt is still on.

Nights of the Circus
Wise Children
Heroes and Villians
Love
The Infernal Desire Machines of Doctor Hoffman
The Passion of New Eve
Several Perceptions
Burning your Boats the collected short stories
Saints and Strangers
The Bloody Chamber

1 comment:

Kendra Zvonik said...

I will keep an eye out for her books! I need a good book right now!