Monday, August 12, 2013

funky DIY mini Green House

This is my funky mini greenhouse made out of PVC pipe odds and ends that were lying around and I used a roll of PVC tape that I found on the side of the road, free copper wire and two shower curtains. The whole unit can be lifted up easily and it wont collapse and plants are accessible through the front flap that's weighted by small sticks taped in to the edge to keep the flap from flapping open on windy days. This little unit has Basil,Sweet Banana peppers,and Snap peas which unfortunately are dying out. Growing plants to eat is so fun and fulfilling I love it I want to start canning someday soon (I am such a pioneer woman wannabe). We scored and have gotten the materials to make a larger greenhouse from a friend who is updating theirs so we can expand the food experiment. Sounds like the next project on the craft list. Love to all you gardeners out there keep sowing the seeds of love!


my main battles are snails , fog and caterpillars

Sweet Banana peppers with Sweatpeas in the background that are dying out

Sweet Banana peppers

No comments: